We prepare your trip

We offer the best hotels for ours Runners in Varadero and Havana

Información práctica sobre Varadero

  • Standard time: UTC / GMT -5 hours
  • Summer time: -4 hours
  • Current time use compensation: UTC / GMT -4 hours
  • Abbreviation of hour use: CDT

Convertible Pesos. (CUC)

All payments in establishments operating in freely convertible currency in Cuba are made exclusively in Convertible Pesos (CUC).

The acceptance of Euros in the tourist poles is maintained: Varadero, Jardines del Rey, North of Holguín, Santa Lucía Beach in Camagüey, Covarrubias Beach in Las Tunas and Cayo Largo del Sur.

The exchange of any exchange convertible currency can be made in banks and exchange houses established for it.

Credit Cards MasterCard, Visa and CABAL are accepted, as long as they have not been issued by North American banks. Traveler's checks are not accepted.

- Passport with at least six months validity before expiration.
- Visa or tourist card issued less than sixty days prior to your trip.
- Mandatory medical assistance insurance.
- Airline ticket back to your country (or electronic ticket).
- A real address of authorized accommodation (Hotel or private house legalized). A Voucher is not necessary. 
The address is given only when the official asks and it is not necessary to write down anything on the visa (the modern forms do not have the section to put the accommodation).

The Cuban authorities can check at any time the truth that you really stay where you said, is computerized and if you are staying in illegal homes you may have problems at the exit ...

If you change accommodation, the new rentier must immediately report where immigration is lodged. 
This is done for your safety, you should always be available to the authorities, in order to house it safely in the event of a hurricane, medical alerts, (flu A) etc.
To enter Cuba you need a visa or tourist card, (it is the same) issued by Cuban consulates in different countries or travel agencies.

The visa is valid for 30 days and can be renewed in the immigration office of any capital of the Cuban province for one more month.

There are countries whose citizens are allowed a stay of up to three months, and others who are only allowed a stay of one month.
You should check your case at any immigration office in the Cuban city where you stay. There are offices in all provincial capitals of Cuba.

The management of the visa extension or tourist card is carried out in the immigration offices of the Cuban provincial capitals, 
upon payment of a CUC tax, in stamp stamps, which are purchased in the branches of the Metropolitan Bank.

VISAS for United States Citizens:

12 categories of travel to Cuba in accordance with the OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control)

  1.  Family visit
  2. Public performance in athletic / non-athletic competitions, exhibitions
  3. Official business of the US government. UU., Foreign governments and certain intergovernmental organizations
  4. Support to the Cuban people
  5. Journalistic activity
  6. Humanitarian projects
  7. Professional Research and Professional Meetings
  8. Activities of Private Foundations or Research for Educational Institutes
  9. Educational activities
  10. Export, import or transmission of information or information materials
  11. Religious activities
  12. Trips related to some authorized export transactions

Although Cuba is a country with a good level of hygiene, always be careful with food and especially with water.

Therefore, we recommend you always drink bottled water and foods that have been boiled or fried.

Some of our tips are:

  • Remember that in case of any eventuality you will have to contact the insurance offices that you have hired so that they can show you which convention center closest to where you are, you must go.
  • Take any medicine you need from your country and remember that any prevention is small.

The electricity in Varadero is 110-115 v and 60 Hz although in most hotels they have 220 volts at 50Hz.

The shots correspond to the flat parallel pegs.


To call Varadero, dial:

  • 0053 (code of Cuba) + 5 (Varadero) + Telephone number

To call from Varadero to other countries, check:

  • 119 + (country code) + phone number

Telephone numbers of interest:

  • Emergencies: 55 11 85/55 21 85
  • Firefighters: 105
  • Police: 106

Official Incoming Agency

Official Incoming Agency of Varadero International Half Marathon